Driving Lessons Gold Coast
At Chevron Driving School we have been helping clients on the Gold Coast to get there P’s for over 30 years. We know what works and what doesn't so we can help our students get their licence faster. Our high pass rate only confirms our teaching methods really work. Our aim is to provide a fun, interesting and stress-free environment for even the newest learner drivers.
All our trainers are fully accredited, totally insured, hold valid Blue Cards, and adhere to Queensland Transport code of conduct.
- Learn how to reverse park
- Learn defensive driving techniques
- Take a practice test to boost your confidence
- Use your own car during lessons and tests
- We will work with our students to provide the very best driver training experience
- Pay online and SAVE
Any parent will understand being a confident and safe driver is a higher priority than passing the test first time. At Chevron you can have both, we train all our clients to a much higher test standard to keep you safe and confident after getting your P’s.
Our highly trained instructors will teach you everything there is to know about safe, confident driving techniques and skills as well as basic car knowledge.
We provide practical training in a wide range of driving skills including:
- PRE-DRIVE CHECK – use of vehicle controls such as mirrors, headlights, indicators, wipers
- VEHICLE OPERATION - use of accelerator, brake and clutch pedals, steering, gear change
- MANOEUVRES - two steering techniques, gearing down in an automatic vehicles, reverse parks, u-turns, hill starts, reversing in a straight line, turning your de-mister on while driving safely
- GENERAL DRIVING – use of intersections such as roundabouts and merging onto motorways, making your own correct decisions, skipping gears correctly and stopping in a higher gear without coasting, leaving a roundabout in a different lane, switching lanes at lights
- ROAD RULE APPLICATION – practical application of the road rules in different situations etc
- DEFENSIVE DRIVING – techniques applied to steering, braking, posture and hazards etc
You might not need to know all of these things for your test, but we guarantee you will need to know these on your P’s and for many years to come. The skills we teach our learner drivers are going to bring you above test standard, so not only will you pass first time, they will also keep you safe when you no longer have someone guiding and teaching you.
Learner licence and log book
Students must bring their learner licence to every lesson. Learners should also bring along their logbook so the driving time can be recorded and verified by the instructor at the end of the lesson. Remember, the first 10 hours of training with a driving school equates to 30 hours in the logbook.
What is Keys 2 Drive (K2D)?
Keys2Drive teaches you driving skills for life, not just for the driving test.
Keys2Drive is proudly funded by the Australian Government and has been developed by the Australian Automobile Association and its constituent members: NRMA, RACV, RACQ, RACWA, RAASA, RACT and AANT.
Have had your FREE Keys 2 Drive lesson yet?
How do I claim my FREE driving lesson?
Chevron instructors are qualified to provide you with your FREE lesson. Combine this with our quality lessons and you can be assured you will have the skills to get your licence and stay safe on your P’s.
Register on www.keys2drive.com.au to get you ID number. Text, email or give this to your instructor and we can book you in.
Remember only 1 per learner licence and your supervisor (anyone who has held there open licence for 1 year) must be available for the lesson.
Apply for a Learner Licence
We recommend you read 'Your keys to driving in Queensland' to help you understand the Australian Road Rules and the Queensland driver licensing system. This booklet is available at newsagents, Queensland Transport centres and also online at www.tmr.qld.gov.au.
To apply for a learner licence you need to:
- be 16 years of age; or older
- complete an application form provided by Queensland Transport;
- take this form and proof of identity to your local Queensland Transport centre; and
- pass the written road rules test
Chevron Driving School can provide tuition to help you understand the Australian road rules and to prepare for the written test.
If you are looking for a practical gift for that special occasion - our trendy gift vouchers are a great idea. Just give us a call at the office on 0408 435 691 or order online.
NewsOverseas Foreign Licence Holders Gold Coast
At Chevron Driving School we understand most overseas licence holders already know how to drive but just need to adjust ...
We always have customers ask us what is involved to change your current auto licence over to manual licence. Its ...